Oil paints have both advantages and disadvantages compared with the others, you can paint it on mason jars. Technique of drawing on canvas this type of paint is different, so it is important to know not only the basics of drawing, but also the properties of the oil.
Oil paints consist of a coloring pigment, and the oil itself (usually linen).The thick consistency, they are easy to apply to the canvas, and easy to rectify in the wet form. To learn how to paint in oil on canvas, it is necessary to prepare the appropriate tools.
Before you start drawing, you should be prepared to work. To do this:
- Use linen or hemp canvas. It must be primed;
- Mixing Palette, squeezing out a small amount of paint tubes, using a palette knife. Use mixed colors can be up to 12 hours, after which time they will begin to dry;
- Buy synthetic brushes. Natural fibers do blurred image;
- Prepare a container of water and a small rag - if necessary, fresh oil can be removed with a wet tissue web.
Prepared drawing easily translate onto the canvas with the help of carbon paper, using a ballpoint pen. Be sure to fix the outline of fixer. The sketch can be drawn, and directly on the canvas, such as:
- When applying sketch diluted paint. After drying, you can immediately start drawing, without isolating it from the subsequent layers;
- Using a pencil. Pencil sketch requires applying an additional layer of primer on top of a sketch;
- Performing a soft charcoal drawing.
After the preparatory work has been done, you can start drawing. It's worth noting that:
- Oil is applied in short strokes, stiff brush. Do not gain too much paint one stroke - will flow in the drying process;
- Drying oil for 3 days. Each subsequent layer can be applied only after complete drying of the previous one;
- While the paint is wet, you can remove it with a palette knife, rubber scraper, damp cloth and redraw the drawing. The dried oil is removed from the canvas will not work without damage;
- Each new paint layer must not be thinner than the previous one.Otherwise, the appearance of cracks on the canvas is inevitable;
- Especially easy to shape the transition from one color to another - oil mixes easily. The gradient should be drawn perpendicular to glare (light areas of the picture), using a flat brush;
- When mixing colors on the canvas are sure to enjoy a clean brush in the application of each new shade. The transition is performed from the dark to the light;
- At the end of the work, after the complete drying of the layers, the picture needs to be fixed with a special varnish.